So in case you didn’t see my previous post about blueberry pie, I went blueberry picking. And picked 12 lbs of blueberries.
Hence the abundance of blueberry posts.
Hence Blueberry muffins.
In my opinion, they are the best breakfast muffins. Not to sweet, but not too tart. And honestly, you can adjust them to however you like yours. More sugar, less, more salt, less, etcetc. In my opinion, when it comes to flavor, you can mess around a teeeeeeny bit. Just don’t mess with the flour.
So my cousin Cooper gave me this recipe. So I don’t really know where it came from. But it’s yummy!
By KRUSTY on January 10, 2003. Makes around 18 muffins.
- 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine, at room temp
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 1/2 cups fresh blueberries or 2 1/2 cups frozen blueberries
- For Topping 1 tablespoon granulated sugar, mixed with 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1. Heat oven to 375°.
2. Grease 18 regular-size muffin cups (or 12 large size muffins).
3. In bowl, mix butter until creamy. Add sugar and beat until pale and fluffy.
4. Add eggs one at a time, beating after each.
5. Beat in vanilla, baking powder and salt.
6. With spoon, fold in half of flour then half of milk into batter; repeat.
7. Fold in blueberries.
8. Spoon into muffin cups and sprinkle topping onto each muffin.
9. Bake 15 to 20 minutes, until golden brown and springy to touch.