Who doesn’t love the Pioneer Woman? Seriously. All of her recipes seem so picturesque, so western, so delicious. I just happened to find this recipe while randomly searching through Yummly’s recipe bank. And oh. My. Goodness. I don’t know how she got fresh scallops wherever she lives, but she obviously knows what she’s doing with seafood. This dish is a perfect appetizer- or even a weeknight dinner! Bacon. Scallops. Chili. Butter.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 2 lbs of large scallops
- 1/2 pound of bacon, cut into thirds or half
- 1 stick of unsalted butter
- 2 tsp chili powder
- dash of cayenne
Here’s what you’ll do:
Wrap bacon pieces around the outside of the scallops, then attach with a toothpick.
Now you have three options:
- Cook in a 425 degree oven (on a drip pan) for 20 minutes, or until bacon is sizzling and brown
- Cook under the broiler for 15 minutes, or until bacon is sizzling and brown
- Grill until bacon is sizzling and brown.
Melt butter and stir in chili powder and cayenne. Drizzle over scallops before serving.
Careful not to eat too many, safe room for dinner! Unless it is dinner. Then eat as many as you want!
Here’s the link to the original recipe: